« Home | Heroes: the Cheerleader » | V Mars: the Hearst Rapist » | Watch Veronica Mars, damnit! » | Watch Veronica Mars » | Pull Up Some Couch » | Two Lorelais, a Veronica, and the New CW »

Down with the Aerie Girls

I type, as a pool, having melted all over the CW last night.

First, on Gilmore Girls, Lorelai had her most perfect night. Though I’m one of the legions of Luke and Lorelai fans (LuLo, LoLu, Lukelai? I guess on a show as fast-talking as GG, they don’t need no stinkin’ abbreviations), I must admit that Christopher done good. After taking her to see Snakes on a Plane and provoking a rant including the point that Dances with Wolves wasn’t a whole movie about dancing with wolves, Christopher whisked Lorelai away on a very secretive date. The surprise: a make-shift drive-in with some unknown person hiding in the bushes, projecting Funny Face onto the side of a barn. Complete with popcorn and candy, and despite the unseen stranger wielding the projector, this date was absolute perfection for Lorelai (and me, if anyone was wondering). Adding the cherry to the night, the movie portion of the date came to an end when she got called to pick her mother up from jail. That’s right, Emily Gilmore was arrested. Hilarious. And it all led up to Lorelai inviting Christopher to spend the night. Apparently, there's no aphrodisiac like seeing your mother in handcuffs. Wait... that's so wrong.

Other than the s’wonderful date night, last night’s episode covered Luke having April temporarily move in with him and Rory making a couple new artsy friends. Regarding Luke’s going over the list of restricted items at April’s school, I’m with Miss Patty: don’t f*ck with ballerinas. Also, does anyone else find April really annoying? And about Rory’s new friends, is that one girl contractually obligated to wear baby doll dresses in all her roles? When she was on VMars last season, I thought they were just trying to make her kind of creepy and really weird. Now, though I realize her character on GG also requires a certain level of eccentricity, I’m thinking maybe she just is kind of creepy and really weird.

Anyway, I don’t like when everyone has such disjointed storylines. I’m just waiting for the day when Lorelai and Rory can banter over a cup of coffee at Luke’s again and everyone can live happily ever after.

Second, I love Veronica Mars (and Logan) so much I cannot put it into words quite yet, just delighted squeals and blushing giggles. While I teehee and guffaw, straightening out my thoughts on the episode, here are some thoughts my taciturn boyfriend expressed during the show:

(In the middle of the show…) Weevil is a fat a** piece of sh*t. Logan’s an a**hole. Veronica’s crazy. What’s wrong with everyone?!? On the bright side, it’s good to hear that Mac’s hitting the treadmill.
(At the end of the show…) Awesome. I’m really looking forward to next week. Maybe next week, she could infiltrate the cheerleading squad and dress up like a cheerleader and that would be just great.

Thanks, baby. Clearly I hold the monopoly of words in this relationship.

What's on tonight? Tons.
My line-up: 30 Rock, Twenty Good Years, Lost, and the Nine (Yeah, yeah, I watch too much tv, but I think the very existence of this blog already established the fact that I have no life.)
And there’s also: Dancing with the Stars (if you’re into that sort of thing), America’s Next Top Model, Jericho, South Park
Man, my DVR’s going to be busy tonight. Oh wait, that’s right: Comcast sucks and I don’t have a DVR. Comcastic.