« Home | Two Lorelais, a Veronica, and the New CW »

Pull Up Some Couch

Now that I’ve gotten the immediate new episode rush out of my system, I think, maybe we can make some more formal introductions.

X. Harris and I talk about and watch tv so much, we’ve decided to try blogging about it together. We have no formal tv training (do they give PhDs in couch-potato-ology?) and heck, I don’t even have a DVR (damn you, Comcast!). So, we have no real authority in this area and there’s no reason you should read our opinions at all. We just happen to spend a huge percentage of our lives parked in front of our respective sets and thought you might like to join us for a while.

You can expect some jokes, some analysis, some conjecture, and maybe just a bit of spoilage. Personally, I’m gonna try to lay off the criticism because putting on a tv show is a whole heck of a lot of hard work that I only have knowledge of from what I’ve read about it, what I guess about it, and what they show me about it on Studio 60. Given that, you probably won’t hear much from me about, let’s say, The War at Home. Obviously except for what I just said about it.

But honestly, there’s so much good tv out there right now, imho, there’s no need to waste our time with negativity. (Besides, let’s assume that if it’s made it to airtime, there’s something good it has to offer. Today, my glass is clearly half full. Today.) In fact, we picked out our name, ADHD-TV, because we thought that with so much good tv out there, we’d offer up our opinions on what to focus on. Or we might just get distracted ourselves. Either way, we thought it’d be a good fit for a name.

So, pull up some virtual couch, grab your snacky food of choice, and geek out with us on ADHD-TV!

you guys better entertain me... i haven't watched much tv in a while, but i have a bachelor's in couch-potato-olgy, so i'm well versed in the subject area.

good luck guys,
JJ

ps - i'll do the criticizing for you: i think michael rappaport is pretty entertaing (cf. True Romance); The War at Home still sucks.

Post a Comment